Mar 5, 2011

When in Doubt, Twist Out!!

My ultimate Go-2 Hair Do is the Twist Out!  Twist Out's give me the ultimate uniform curl definition and they are the quickest style for me.  I like Twist Out's better than wash and go's because I do not have a uniform curl pattern.  My curls on the left side are a bit looser than those on the right and the curls in the back are much more curly than those in the front.  For my twist outs I do large twists on my 4a, fine textured hair.  Larger twists allow me to blend the looser curls with the tighter curls so when they dry, they dry in a uniform texture similiar to the tighter curl pattern.  Go-2 products for my twist outs and most styles i'll attempt are....
    
  1. Water
  2. Kinky Curly Knot Today ($11.99 at most Target Stores)
  3. Coconut Oil (Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin)
  4. Optional: Kinky Curly Curling Custard (Applied when I want more hold to my twist out. The below twists were done using the KCCC)
My product junky ism has come along way since this curly nikki spot I did http://www.curlynikki.com/2009/09/ayanah-naturally-glam-hair-idol.html

Click below for more!


Freshly Dried Curls. I sat under a hooded dryer for 30min, then put them in a pineapple and slept overnight.

Back view of twists.  I did about 5 on each side and on in the front center.

Twist out taken down and slightly seperated.


Front view of seperated twists.









No comments:

Post a Comment